Website American Airlines
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
- This job is a member of the Base Support Engineering Team within the Integrated Operations Division.
- Responsible for supporting aircraft in Heavy Maintenance in the U.S. and abroad.
- Provides technical dispositions (via Engineering Authorizations) and guidance for aircraft issues that exceed published limits for structural damage including sheet metal and composite repairs
- Provides work deviation authorizations, interpretation of service documents & Engineering Orders
- Provides options for repairing versus replacing a part to minimize financial impact
- Provides aircraft system trouble shooting assistance to Base Maintenance
- Attends daily production meetings and pre-induction meetings to ensure timely support
- Provides on-site engineering assistance for significantly damaged line aircraft throughout the system
- Participates, as necessary, in aircraft recoveries and “GO TEAM” duties
- Coordinates events/issues with American Airlines Engineering Fleet Groups for additional action, troubleshooting and follow-up
- Monitors trends and recurring discrepancies requiring corrective action. Develops American Airlines AARDs (Typical Repairs) and manual supplements to eliminate repetitive EA requests
- Must be willing and able to work irregular hours and shift schedules including holidays and weekends
- Must be able to travel
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering from an accredited college/university
- 3 years working history as engineer with aviation experience
- Familiarity with Code of Federal Regulations (CFRs), maintenance programs, Engine Manual (EM), Structural Repair Manual (SRM), Aircraft
- Maintenance Manual (AMM), Illustrated Parts Catalog (IPC), Fault Isolation Manual (FIM), Component Maintenance Manual (CMM), and
- Wiring Diagrams (WDM)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- In an expedient manner, must be able to prioritize workload, solve problems, substantiate solutions using valid engineering analytical principals, document solutions with good technical writings skills, and verbally communicate solutions throughout the maintenance organization
- Ability to be self-motivated and discipline in work ethics
- Ability to able to effectively multi-task various work activities to meet the requirements of the operation
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain composure in a stressful environment
- Ability to demonstrate a strong Customer service focus (internal and external)
Company: American Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tulsa, OK, US
Application Deadline: N/A