Website City of Pasadena
Enter data into payroll database
Assist employees with payroll related inquiries/concerns
Process wage garnishments, child support orders, and tax levies
Audit payroll changes for accuracy
Audit time sheets for accuracy
Process paychecks and cash deposits
Maintain accurate records of payroll documentation
Perform payroll reconciliations
Prepare financial reports for management and auditors
Ensure compliance with policy as well as all state and federal payroll laws
Any payroll function normally performed by Payroll Manager
- Maintain and verify financial statements.
- Oversee budget and financial management.
- Audit accounts for errors, misinformation, fraud, and overspending.
- Oversee some accounts payable and receivable.
- Identify and investigate variances.
- Participate in strategic planning, fraud prevention, and budget development.
- Prepare and compile financial information.
- Collects and analyzes financial data such as source documents used for accounting records of initial entry, control accounts, financial reports, and design spreadsheets to capture financial statements.
- Reconcile accounts, including bank statements.
- Review department information and accounts for accuracy and preparing journal entries.
- Analyzes and evaluates accounting problems.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Reviews, develops, analyzes, and modifies specific accounting procedures to ensure efficiency and accuracy.
- Interfacing with other city employees and citizens.
- Assist in preparing yearly audit.
- Assist in yearly budget.
- mployee-only medical insurance starts as low as $15 per month and the most expensive Employee & Family plan is less than $350 per month.
- The City has its own medical clinic staffed with a M.D. and two medical assistants. Employees and their covered dependents over the age of 5 can visit the clinic FREE OF CHARGE.
- Employees and their covered dependents also have access to Virtual Visits with a medical professional FREE OF CHARGE.
- The City offers college tuition reimbursement of up to $3,500 per year.
- As an employee, you will contribute a portion of your salary each pay-period towards your retirement and the City will match your contribution by 200%. Example, if you contribute $100, the City will contribute $200.
- Civilian employees accumulate vacation at the following rates:
- Less than 6 years of service – two weeks of vacation per year.
- From 6 to less than 11 years of service – three weeks of vacation per year.
- From 11 to less than 21 years of service four weeks of vacation per year.
- From 21 to less than 26 years of service five weeks of vacation per year.
- From 26 years of service and up six weeks of vacation per year
Company: City of Pasadena
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A