Website City of Pasadena
General Summary: General maintenance of the parks.
- Picks up trash by hand and puts into plastic garbage bags with average of ten filled bags per person every morning.
- Cuts grass and trims areas around trees, buildings, walks, playground equipment, etc. using riding mower, weed eater, trimmer, and other yard tools.
- May construct flower beds.
- Empties trash cans.
- Puts filled plastic garbage bags into the back of a City truck for disposal (a walk-up trailer is available to accommodate this task).
- Bags are then loaded into dumpster from back of truck.
- May work on construction crew constructing walkways or erecting park equipment and facilities.
- May plant trees and shrubs and trim tree limbs.
- Able to work outside in all types of weather.
- Valid Texas Driver’s license and good driving record.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous related experience or training.
- Employee-only medical insurance starts as low as $15 per month and the most expensive Employee & Family plan is less than $350 per month.
- The City has its own medical clinic staffed with a M.D. and two medical assistants. Employees and their covered dependents over the age of 5 can visit the clinic FREE OF CHARGE.
- Employees and their covered dependents also have access to Virtual Visits with a medical professional FREE OF CHARGE.
- The City offers college tuition reimbursement of up to $3,500 per year.
Company: City of Pasadena
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dallas, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A