Website City of Pasadena
The City of Pasadena’s Department of Information Technology is currently seeking a GIS Analyst to assist in the design, development, analysis, implementation, and maintenance of the city’s Geographic Information System. Under general supervision, the GIS Analyst performs professional duties in support of City and departmental GIS databases and geographic information systems capabilities.
The ideal candidate will bring experience with some or all the following technologies:
- ArcGIS Desktop suite and extensions 10.6 or higher including ArcGIS Pro 2.6 or higher.
- Adept with scripting, automation, and programming languages
- Esri enterprise Geodatabase data management
- Web GIS technologies including ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Enterprise, and ArcGIS Web AppBuilder.
- Formats and generates a variety of GIS products including standard and custom maps and map series, standard map templates, shape files, graphics, tables and reports;
- Performs data searches and retrievals, extracts and organizes data and performs quality-control operations to ensure the accuracy and completeness of all data;
- Researches source documents and/or coordinates with others to resolve missing or conflicting data, discrepancies and other anomalies;
- Establishes map area and develops symbology, including thematic and category symbols;
- Uses cartographic and design principles to include legends, insets and reference information;
- Overlays maps over aerial imagery to produce custom products and verify and correct geospatial data; performs standard spatial analyses using established methods and procedures;
- Maintains and updates geospatial databases; extracts, cleans, adjusts and converts data and information from non-GIS systems into GIS formats;
- Converts addresses into GIS formats using geo-coding routines;
- Researches and corrects problems with data using spatial and logical analyses;
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a major in geographic information systems, geography or a closely related field that required equivalent coursework in geographic information systems, and
- Two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in the uses and operations of geographic information systems to produce products and services
The selection process will consist of application evaluation, an oral panel interview, and a department level interview.
The current vacancy is in the Operations Division of the Department of Information Technology.
The resulting eligibility list from this recruitment may be used to fill this vacancy and similar.
Candidates selected for this position are subject to a one-year probationary work period.
Company: City of Pasadena
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pasadena, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A