Website Civil Service
We have a range of challenging and exciting roles all of which are vital in supporting the successful delivery of transformation projects and programmes across DWP. Your work will support areas of cross-cutting transformational change, making a difference in the here-and-now, as well as contributing towards longer term government priorities.
We are seeking a diverse range of skills and experience, particularly those with an interest in roles which enable the successful delivery of change. These positions do not require individuals to be Project Delivery Professionals but we are looking for people who understand the challenges of delivering something new and want to use their skills to support and enable the delivery of major transformation. These roles offer the opportunity to help enable programmes in the areas such as developing communications, supporting ministerial briefing, and stakeholder management.
DWP is committed to developing our people now and in the future. Our aim is for our colleagues to be appropriately skilled and qualified from the moment of entry up to becoming an experienced practitioner within their role. To support this aim you may be required to undertake a work based qualification, including apprenticeships, that relates to your job role and which will support you in developing your knowledge and skills in both this role and your future career.
Whilst no two days or roles are ever the same, you could find yourself undertaking the following activities to support the successful delivery of projects and programmes:
- Support stakeholder analysis, using and adapting appropriate tools, deciding if in-depth analysis is required for key stakeholders, and develop the strategy with other senior leads, setting out the most appropriate communication channel for each stakeholder group.
- Planning, coordination and preparation of internal and external communications products to support the delivery of transformation messages to claimants, stakeholders and staff – ensuring that all opportunities, issues and risks are fully understood.
- Support key external engagement activities with a range of senior stakeholders to deliver key messages about how our plans help to transform services for customers, colleagues and taxpayers alike.
- Developing, supporting and clearing departmental and ministerial briefings including producing material for Select Committees and
- Parliamentary debates as well as responses to correspondence, Parliamentary Questions, Freedom of Information requests and proactively engaging with senior stakeholders and Private Offices.
- Working in a business management environment, ensuring day to day operations of the Group and Senior Leaders are undertaken efficiently and effectively.
- Using communication expertise and analytical skills to translate business strategy and senior management steers into communication strategies, plans and products.
- Stakeholder Engagement – successful stakeholder management and engagement at all levels including senior leaders, both internally and with external partners, influencing and collaborating to build consensus.
- Excellent organisational skills – managing conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment, balancing the demands of a number of customers and senior leaders to ensure all tasks are delivered to deadline.
- Developing Self and Others – evidence of continuous learning and development. Show you are inquisitive, seek out new information and look for new ways to develop yourself and in addition take time to coach, mentor and develop other colleagues.
- Communication & Briefing – Showing excellent written and verbal communication and influencing skills with experience of successfully interacting with internal and external senior officials/stakeholders. Providing evidence of complex briefing, horizon scanning and responding to reports and external reviews.
Company: Civil Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Glasgow, GB
Application Deadline: N/A