Website Air North, Yukon's Airline
We are seeking a hard-working individual who takes pride in their work, brings a positive attitude to the work environment and is seeking employment with a fun, professional, and reputable company. Ensuring building maintenance is up to Company and regulatory safety standards, you will play a key role in the day to day operations and standards on Company grounds.
Reporting to the GSE Supervisor, the Building Maintenance Technician is responsible for providing a wide range of general building maintenance repairs and services for all of Air North’s buildings and grounds. The technician must work independently and to a superior safety standard at all times.
- Maintain a Preventative Maintenance Program for furnaces, propane tanks, heating systems, water systems, fire extinguishers etc.
- Monitor and maintain all building systems as assigned or required
- Respond to phone, email and CMMS System requests for maintenance, assisting with repairs and general maintenance from changing light bulbs to snow removal and everything in between
- Replace/repair washers, faucets, seals, clogged drains and other ground structures
- Paint interior and exterior walls, cabinets, doors and other ground structures
- Complete all ground work which includes snow removal, plowing or grading surfaces within the compound
- Assis with GSE equipment maintenance when required and preform other duties as directed by the GSE Supervisor, Manager or Director
- Good computer skills on a variety of platforms, including the Microsoft platform
- Ability to operate a variety of hand and power tools
- Ability to perform a wide range of physical and manual tasks
- Good communication and time management skills
- A positive, helpful attitude towards co-workers
- Ability to safety operate various equipment such as Company Vehicles, Kubota tractor, Cat loader, genie lift and forklift
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience with maintenance and building repair tasks
- Valid class 5 driver’s license and clear driving abstract
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- Experience and/or training in carpentry, electrical, mechanical systems or machinery
- Must be able to obtain a Radio Operators Certificate – Aeronautical (ROC-A) within 3 months of date of hire
- Must be able to obtain an Airside Vehicle Operators Permit (AVOP) within 3 months of date of hire
- Must be able to pass airport security clearance and obtain a Restricted Area Identity Card – application must be made within 3 months of date of hire
- Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds in confined spaces and able to stand, lift, bend, push and pull for extended periods of time and able to work outside in all types of weather and elevated noise levels within the airport environment
- Must be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident or show proof of right to work in Canada.
Company: Air North, Yukon’s Airline
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, CA
Application Deadline: N/A