The role is within a technology team who specialise in the Payments domain. You will also collaborate with your peers work ing across the broad data analytics and AI estate. We are refreshing some of our existing architecture and build ing our next generation of data systems . T his can provide the opportunity to touch upon traditional and modern approaches and technologies ranging from end user reporting through to AI and ML. We are seeking an individual who will relish the opportunity to work across this diverse spectrum in a cloud-first environment.
- Assist in ensur ing the smooth delivery of products, solutions and initiatives that empower the organisation to obtain greater value from its investments.
- Work with e ngineering t eam l eads to set and maintain standards and development practices that aid high delivery cadence without impeding robust, scalable and quality solutions .
- Be an ambassador for the technical capability of ASOS T ech both internally and externally .
- Work with multidiscipline d teams inside and outside of ASOS Tech to understand the requirements needed for the data stored across the ASOS estate .
- Assist with creating a fluid, end-to-end vision for how data flow s through the organi s ation.
- Work with the wider a rchitecture community to continually improve upon d ata a nalytics awareness and appreciation .
- Collaborate with the Data , Analytics and AI Architecture Team to help continually shape and evolve the existing strategy and architecture to meet changing business demands .
- Provid e architecture leadership, assurance and direction to implementation teams .
- Work with the Payments leadership team to refine the data strategy within Payments
- Collabor ate with the Data , Analytics and AI Architecture Team to help evolve a centre of excellence whose aim is to continually improve our capabilities to support implementation teams deliver w orld class software .
- Collaborate with the Payments solution architects to ensure that the payments solutions fit in with the data strategy
- Proven experience in the successful delivery and ongoing maintenance of complex, high volume, high performing and high-quality software systems .
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills .
- Expertise with MicroStrategy , Power BI, or another major end-user reporting and/or visualisation platform .
- Working knowledge of big data implementation s and associated issues .
- Pro-active and able to self-manage your daily tasks
- Ability to work upon parallel projects to a high standard .
- Experience of implementing/supporting cloud-based solutions .
- Highly collaborative and open working style .
- Excellent communication skills and a diplomatic nature .
- Commitment to provide a high level of customer service to internal and external users .
- Azure data related technologies such as SQL Data Warehouse /Synapse , Azure SQL Database , Azure Cosmos DB , Azure Data Lake and Analysis Services .
- Apache Spark and/or Databricks .
- B road expertise in the design and delivery of advanced analytics and business intelligence use cases and solutions .
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A