Website Atlantic Aviation
The Operations Manager will be responsible for the safety, productivity, service levels and overall operational efficiency of the FBO Line Department. These responsibilities will also include some oversight of the Customer Service Department with emphasis on the coordination and effective communication between that department and the Line Department. Operations Manager will maintain and establish a positive working relationship with all customers, while promoting a harmonious working environment for subordinate employees. Furthermore, the Operations Manager will be the point contact in charge of the facility in the absence of the General Manager.
- Recruit and facilitate the training and development of Line Service personnel.
- Directly manages all FBO Line Supervisors, CSR Supervisors (where needed), and indirectly other various operational employees.
- Assist in sales initiatives.
- Develop and maintain interaction with customers, vendors, and Atlantic Aviation employees in a professional and courteous manner in order to foster a work culture based on Atlantic values with an emphasis on safety. Responsible for overall customer service level.
- Ensure that the site operations are conducted in accordance with Atlantic, local, state, and federal requirements.
- Overall coordination of equipment maintenance including reliability, safety items and general cost control and make capital expenditure recommendations for equipment to General Manager.
- Ensure that departments and personnel have adequate resources and inventory to maintain safe and efficient operations, while facilitating a high level of customer service.
- Ensure that all employees are properly trained with appropriate documentation to evidence such training as recommended in company or industry procedures.
- Initiate emergency and incident response procedures as required.
- Ensure adherence to all recognized quality control standards.
- Periodically inspect training records and site internal quality assurance inspections to ensure proper completion.
- Coordinate ongoing facility maintenance and improvement initiatives.
- Establish fuel discounting within guidelines set by General Manager.
- Assist the General Manager in analyzing monthly financial performance.
- Enforce good housekeeping practices and uniform standards.
- Assist the General Manager in preparing the written annual operating strategy for site performance improvement.
- Initiate incident reporting, investigation and assist solution planning for preventing reoccurrence.
- Conduct regular performance reviews of direct reports, while counseling, motivating and disciplining them as appropriate.
- Organize periodic departmental meetings and design other communication flows between staff and management.
- Valid state driver’s license and at least 18 years of age.
- Meet Atlantic Aviation’s operational and safety training requirement.
- Participation in Atlantic Leadership Training.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Consistently demonstrated good organizational and leadership skills.
- High school diploma or GED certificate.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Customer relations skills required.
- Flexible work schedule may include working overtime, nights, weekends, holidays, and be on call.
- At least ten (10) years of progressive experience in FBO Management, the airline industry or the equivalent in an aviation related field.
- Demonstrated ramp operations and management capability.
- Aptitude in supervising and developing staff.
Company: Atlantic Aviation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sitka, AK, US
Application Deadline: N/A