Website Bank of America
The Mainframe Consultant helps to drive the technical strategic direction for the mainframe platform at Bank of America.
- Gaining a comprehensive understanding of current mainframe application services and infrastructure capabilities.
- Assessing strategic vision across multiple lines of business and emerging technical requirements.
- Developing and executing strategic roadmaps at a practical level from planning, analysis and testing to practical implementation and support.
- Providing assistance to application developers, architects and infrastructure designers and support technicians.
- Being highly self-motivated, intellectually curious with the capability and enthusiasm to learn and apply that learning in a practical sense.
- Working outside normal working hours on occasions and may include periods performing on-call duties on a rotation basis.
- Strong z/OS based skills (TSO, JCL, ISPF, REXX, zOSMF, Mainframe Security etc)
- IBM mainframe product knowledge and practical experience, ideally with middleware and/or database technologies (e.g. CICS, DB2, IMS, MQ)
- Self-motivated and a self-starter with a genuine desire to learn and apply new skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, written and oral. Proficient with the use of MS Office tools.
- Experience of mainframe resiliency solutions e.g. GDPS or similar
- Ability to work on a 24×7 on call rotational basis
- Understanding of application design on multiple platforms
Qualification & Experience:
- Practical experience of Linux environments and other non-mainframe technologies
Company: Bank of America
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Petersburg, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A