Website Busch Garden
When it comes to leading and inspiring a great merchandising team, have you got the goods? Are you able to model an engaging and outgoing personality and deliver exceptional guest service in all you do? This could be just the opportunity for you!
- Create an inspiring, collaborative, innovative and results-orientated location environment fostering guest service, job satisfaction, retention and talent
- Assist department leadership in establishing an environment that promotes personal development of self and others, creating high morale amongst entire team and sets the example for development
- Provide timely and meaningful performance feedback to team members in your charge. Track performance history and seek Supervisor assistance as needed. Complete yearly performance appraisals as required
- Work with and lead team members in assigned cost center(s) to perform opening, operating, and closing procedures exceeding established department standards while leading and enforcing all department and park policies and procedures
- Demonstrate ownership of assigned cost center(s) through responsibility of facility performance, acting with integrity and professionalism, following through on commitments and making educated decision with a sense of urgency
- Prepare and participate in merchandise staff meetings and planning sessions
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by department leadership
- Supervise daily line schedules in order to effectively staff the assigned location, make recommendations for appropriate labor revisions based on actual business needs and execute daily schedules to optimize labor
- Lead and inspire team members in self-development. Identify individual skill levels and provide opportunities to enhance individual performance. Actively seek out self-development opportunities to grow skill level and increase knowledge experience.
- Communicate clearly and often. Inform area leadership of key issues, maintain communications with Supervisor and Manager and conduct daily communications with team members
- Foster adaptability within your assigned work group. Lead by example in an ever changing climate, be open and set the example for willingness to new ideas and opportunities. Embrace and positively communicate change; always with a sense of urgency.
- Lead the team to consistently deliver quality service to guests
- Must be able to perform tasks which frequently involve the need to lift, push, pull and/or carry up to 30 lbs
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors, in varying weather, to include extreme heat
- Communication skills – Must be comfortable speaking in front of large groups and must have excellent written and verbal skills
- Considerable walking and transitioning between indoor and outdoor environments is required
- Must be a current Part Time ambassador
- Position will perform frequent simple hand grasping and fine manipulation (use of keyboard/writing) work
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be flexible in work locations as placement will depend on business needs and career development opportunities. If selected, candidate may be place in Busch Gardens or Adventure Island
- Knowledge and understanding of policies and Standard Operating Procedures preferred.
- At least 1 year retail, photo, or games experience preferred
- Must be able to squat, reach, stoop, and bend repetitively, and climb ladders
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and in various types of environments indoors and/or outdoors locations to include extreme weather temperatures
- Must be available to work a minimum of 3-4 days per week with a flexible schedule, including mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Valid high school diploma or equivalent
- Technical skills – Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs Outlook, PowerPoint, Word & Excel. Merchandise MMS systems preferred.
Company: Busch Garden
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Tampa, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A