Website Canadian Tire
The Store Operations Manager / Assistant Manager is an active member of the Store Management team in providing leadership and mentorship ensuring operational excellence, optimizing staff performance, ensuring customer satisfaction while maximizing sales through all business levers . You will champion new procedures and processes, and deliver consistent execution of in store supply chain, cash operations, in-store ecommerce fulfillment, B2B sales and overall store operational effectiveness. The Operations Manager will facilitate training of store team members on store standard operating procedures and process improvements
- Manage scheduling and follow up of execution on shipping /receiving, eCommerce fulfillment operations, cash management, and operations systems & compliance
- Leads the B2B Mark’s Commercial Business function including order entry and management and coaching team to ensure accurate and timely ordering and delivery to customer.
- Responsible to assist in delivering annual corporate shrink targets through team education and enforcement of LP and audit standards, and inventory controls.
- Coach and develop store team through setting expectations, communication, coaching, feedback and ongoing support
- Communicates in a clear and concise manner to team, leading effective Shift Starter meetings / coaching sessions.
- Deliver performance metrics, process improvement and Lean techniques (how, when, who)
- Supports SGM in coaching to improve any team and individual performance gaps and conducts ongoing coaching to team.
- Implement, communicate and ensure compliance with all operating procedures, processes and policies
- Follows up with team to complete required training within timeframes
- Lead store inventory movement teams and support accuracy
- Provides leadership to team and consistently coaches and follows up to ensure the delivery the service model standards are provided to each customer.
- Assists in preparation and execution of annual inventories.
- Facilitate and lead team meetings as necessary.
- Create and communicate execution of Daily Game Plan for operations activities and store
- Continually motivates team and performance through recognition programs, store contests, customer compliments, etc.
- Provide exceptional omni-channel experience by offering in-store eCommerce sales and fulfilling eCommerce orders within defined service levels
- Maintain Mark’s performance management expectations (feedback/coaching); this includes progressive discipline where necessary.
- Follows and ensures compliance of all corporate LP, Cash and Audit, and OH&S policies and procedures.
- Exceptional communication skills
- High energy, enthusiasm and a drive to succeed
- Proven ability to build and manage a daily plan for the department and store
- 3-5 years retail experience required
- Superior training and mentoring skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Fundamental computer skills an asset
- Proven ability to coach, mentor and develop department team and store team, through setting expectations, communication, coaching, feedback and ongoing support
Company: Canadian Tire
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Owen Sound, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A