Website Canada Post
The Trainer is accountable for the delivery of new corporate and approved local training programs relating to mail processing, delivery operations and the introduction of new products, services, processes, systems and equipment; and for the quality of the delivery of this training. The Trainer contributes to the establishment of appropriate training needs, participates with the client in the planning process, conducts training to meet Corporate standards, conducts post course assessments to ensure learning process and objectives are met, implements approved new training packages, as well as provides input for changes and/or improvements to existing programs. The trainer also promotes and maintains good employee/management relations.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the latest systems, processes, services, equipment products and technologies used within mail operations.
- Remains current on training and development methodologies and practices.
- Tests the skills, abilities, and knowledge of light vehicle operators both in a classroom and vehicle operating setting; issues authorization of individuals to operate corporate vehicles.
- Performs as instructor and/or facilitator on training and development programs within the region and, as required, to employees external to the region. Monitors and provides appropriate feedback and coaching to peer mentors.
- Works in collaboration with clients to identify local training needs. Develops and adapts new training programs, as approved for local use.
- Participates with team leaders in the planning and implementation process. Makes recommendations to the Superintendent, Training on changes and/or improvements to existing corporate Programs.
- Provides counseling and coaching to current employees, and provides direction and recommendations to employees and management staff on further training or remedial action required when training standards are not achieved. May recommend disciplinary action.
- Administers procedures which ensure effective training of employees, including post course evaluation and follow-up activities.
- Conducts corporate training programs in all aspects of mail operations, and the introduction of changes to equipment, systems, services, products or processes, as well as leadership development. Uses knowledge of effective methods of adult learning to provide training solutions that are appropriate to client needs. This may include traditional classroom training, on the job training, demonstrations, workshops etc.
- Ensures training provided is consistent across all operating shifts.
- Records and inputs training information into the training event manager system in SAP.
- Education, Bachelor of Commerce or Business Admin (with concentration in Human Resources/course work in Training & Development),
- Certificate of Adult Education, Instructional Design, Organizational Learning,
- Degree, diploma, or certificate from an accredited university/college in one of the following: Bachelor of
- Have not had more than three demerit points assigned in one single violation
- Have not received more than 2 moving violations in last 3 year
- Have a satisfactory safe driving record per CPC’s Driver Safety Program , which includes:
- A combination of a high school diploma and current relevant experience (current experience is defined as experience obtained within the last five (5) years;
- Minimum 1 year of cumulative, current experience delivering training in a classroom or operational environment using formal curriculum (current experience is defined as experience obtained within the last five (5) years)
- High School diploma or provincial equivalent (GED)
Company: Canada Post
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A