Our Maintenance Delivery – Track Rehabilitation office is looking for a Project Manager / Senior Project Officer to manage assigned projects and oversee staff in the provision and administration, planning, design, and execution of physical infrastructure rehabilitation projects, in a safe, standardized, and cost-effective manner. You will report to the Manager, Track Rehabilitation.
- Lead and provide support to the Track Maintenance Delivery management team on specific projects and to support rehabilitation and preventative maintenance projects.
- To provide management and to lead the administration of maintenance, construction, and design projects through all stages for all projects ensuring agreement of operational, business and budget requirements, and following quality and safety requirements.
- Coordinate procurement of contracts, property acquisition requests, purchase orders, change orders for supply/construction contracts and amendments for consultant assignments.
- Manage all aspects of project scope of work; initiate, prepare, and present agreements that govern the engagement of consultants, suppliers, and contractors for execution.
- To liaise and to be directly involved in the management of contractors, consultants, and project teams engaged in project planning and implementation.
- Collaborate with teams to ensure delivery of assigned projects within scope, schedule and cost.
- Manage projects involving coordination and liaison with many partners, such as road authorities, third-party railways, municipalities, and Transport Canada
- Be a resource to provide project management for major capital projects.
- Manage staff engaged in the project management life cycle.
- Verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to collaborate with partners
- Have a valid G Class Ontario driver’s license in good standing.
- Experience leading multi-functional teams and ability to co-ordinate several complex projects to meet schedule and budget commitments.
- Investigate operating problems, incidents (safety related and risk) and work with important partners to recommend solutions.
- Completion of a Degree in Civil Engineering or related technical field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience with principles and practices of project management, organizational change management, including proficiency in the use of project management software and applications.
- Minimum six (6) years’ experience with related project management experience
- Experience with development and implementation of risk management projects.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A