Website Chevron Corporation
The Senior Process Control Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, and revamping multivariable control applications (DMC).
The Senior Process Control Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, and revamping multivariable control applications (DMC). Key responsibilities include working with site Process Control Engineers to identify and resolve control issues, generating improvement ideas through distillation optimization, and implementing those ideas to improve operability and profitability of the DMC controllers. The Senior Process Control Engineer serves as mentor and trainer for less-experienced Process Control Engineers and is often sought after to provide expertise on advanced control across Manufacturing and the Enterprise. Additional scope includes helping to evaluate new applications and tools related to Process Control, training refinery personnel on the effective use of advanced process control, and performing controller benefit studies for new applications.
- Experience with Honeywell and/or Yokogawa Distributed Control System (DCS).
- Experience with control loop tuning, DCS support and training of operators.
- B.S. Chemical Engineering or applicable work experience (minimum of 8 years) in refinery operations, refinery process control and/or refinery process engineering.
- Align & inspire – Demonstrates ability to act as a mentor and subject matter expert for refinery Process Control Engineers. Communicates transparently. Sets clear expectations and aligns team on shared goals and outcomes.
- Technical Knowledge – A specialist in designing, implementing, and maintaining multivariable control applications (DMCPlus and/or DMC3) and the applications that support the multivariable control applications (inferred properties, et al). Demonstrated knowledge and experience with closed-loop real-time optimization applications.
- Build Relationships – Ability to work with others and establish relationships across organizations. Ability to create and promote an environment of trust, teamwork, and inclusiveness through actions and behaviors. Collaboratively works with multiple groups to gain alignment and support.
- Manages relationships with key partners and stakeholders.
- Experience working with facility operations personnel, particularly console operators.
- General awareness of common network architectures used in PCN environments, including the Purdue Model.
- Strong, fundamental understanding of refinery or hydrocarbon processing and equipment.
- Familiarity with instruments, analyzers, etc. and their use in support of refinery processes.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of, and focus on, personal and process safety.
Company: Chevron Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pascagoula, MS, US
Application Deadline: N/A