Website Central Intelligence Agency
As an Operations Officer for the CIA, you will focus on clandestinely spotting, assessing, developing, recruiting, and handling non-US citizens with access to foreign intelligence vital to US foreign policy and national security decision makers. You will be expected to build relationships based on rapport and trust using sound judgment, integrity, and the ability to assess character and motivation.
Operation Officers spend most of their careers serving in multi-year assignments in a variety of overseas locations. As such, all Operation Officers must be able to be medically cleared for world wide deployment. All Operations Officers address a highly diverse and dynamic set of intelligence requirements on country- and region-specific issues, as well as transnational issues such as counterterrorism, counter proliferation, and cyber.
All Directorate of Operations (DO) officers are hired at an entry level and train as they are expected to work – as one team. Operations Officers begin their careers spending one to two years learning the foundations of clandestine operational tradecraft via classroom training, practical exercises, and on-the-job experience gained through a series of interim assignments. Following successful completion of the foundational training, each DO officer will transition into advanced training activity to prepare them to serve effectively in their respective career occupational specialty.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution (applicants within one year of earning a degree will be considered); there is no preferred major or program of study (degrees from foreign academic institutions are accepted, but you are responsible for obtaining and providing CIA with a credential evaluation from an accredited firm confirming that the foreign degree is the equivalent of a BA/BS and/or MA/MS degree conferred by a US college or university).
- GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4-point scale is preferred.
- Personal integrity.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Action- and results-oriented
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and commitment to the mission of the CIA and the Directorate of Operations.
Company: Central Intelligence Agency
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St. Petersburg, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A