Website Central Intelligence Agency
As a Staff Operations Officer for the CIA, you will provide the seamless integration between CIA Headquarters and Directorate of Operations (DO) offices in the field necessary to drive clandestine operations to success. Your effectiveness, versatility, and resourcefulness as a Staff Operations Officer is critical to the success of the DO’s most creative, challenging, and impactful operations.
Staff Operations Officers apply advanced knowledge and expertise of clandestine operations, operational tradecraft, and intelligence priorities when providing strategic guidance and operational case management. In addition, Staff Operations Officers are responsible for program management throughout the DO, from traditional operational activities to specialized initiatives and Covert Action. The demanding pace of DO has Staff Operations Officers finding solutions to complex operational problems, identifying new technical tools and capabilities to advance operations, and tapping the resources of the DO, CIA, and US Government to ensure operational requirements are met. Staff Operations Officers provide objective reviews of on-going and potential operations and serve as the vital link between DO officers in the field, CIA Headquarters, and the Intelligence Community.
Many Staff Operations Officers will spend much of their career serving in the Washington, DC area having opportunities for overseas travel. Opportunities for Staff Operations Officers to serve multi-year postings overseas exist, but these positions are competitive.
All Directorate of Operations (DO) officers are hired at an entry level and train as they are expected to work – as one team. Operations Officers begin their careers spending one to two years learning the foundations of clandestine operational tradecraft via classroom training, practical exercises, and on-the-job experience gained through a series of interim assignments. Following successful completion of the foundational training, each DO officer will transition into advanced training activity to prepare them to serve effectively in their respective career occupational specialty.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution (applicants within one year of earning a four-year degree will be considered); there is no preferred major or program of study (degrees from foreign academic institutions are accepted, but you are responsible for obtaining and providing CIA with a credential evaluation from an accredited firm confirming that the foreign degree is the equivalent of a BA/BS and/or MA/MS degree conferred by a US college or university).
- GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4-point scale is preferred.
- Personal integrity.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Action- and results-oriented.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and commitment to the mission of the CIA and the Directorate of Operations.
Company: Central Intelligence Agency
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A