Website City of Ontario
The City of Ontario is a dynamic leading community in the Inland Empire with a variety of fulltime and part-time employment and volunteer opportunities. Ontario enjoys the reputation of being a progressive City which provides solid leadership to its citizens and to the business community. The City provides a full range of services to the community including: Police, Fire, Administrative Services, Community Life & Culture, Development, Economic Development, Housing & Neighborhood Preservation, Public Works and the Ontario Municipal Utilities Company. The City’s team is staffed with approximately 1,300 full-time and 200 part-time diverse and talented employees who work to support a common goal of providing excellent service to the community.
- Conducts a variety of traffic related studies including traffic impact studies; maintains a variety of traffic related data and issues reports and related permits.
- Maintains and operates the City’s traffic signal system and Transportation Management Center.
- Designs and reviews traffic signal, street light, and signing and striping installations for the City.
- Serves as liaison for the designated official to private engineers, surveyors, developers, other public agency employees and engineers, and the general public.
- Prepares and processes City Council Agenda items for presentation by the designated official.
- Supervises, trains, and evaluates the work of sub-professional, technical, and clerical staff.
- Plans, coordinates, and oversees the work of consultants; explains procedures, checks work for conformance with standards, and resolves procedural and policy questions; administers professional service contracts.
- Administers agreements and contracts including design, construction, participation, and use.
- Coordinates and manages land development and public works projects.
- Represent the City by participating in local and regional meetings and related activities.
- Collect, analyze, and package periodic data reporting to outside agencies.
- Coordinate with State and Federal regulatory agencies; and, outside agencies and/or entities (USFW, DDW, RWQCB, Watermaster, surrounding water agencies, and alike).
- Manage long-range water resources studies and planning investigations related to groundwater basin management and optimization, groundwater development, groundwater rights, water quality, recycled water, recharge, and conservation.
- Coordinates with state, county, utility companies, and other agencies for project approval and construction.
- Prepare and manage the preparation of technical studies related to water resources planning, such as Urban Water Management Plans and Water Supply Assessments.
- Conducts needs assessments for the upgrade, repair, and replacement of water and sewer infrastructure projects and facilities, including developing recommendations for Capital Improvement Programs, budgets, and schedules.
- Oversees the development of design plans, specifications, and estimates for the construction of utilities projects in compliance with appropriate laws, ordinances, and guidelines.
- Valid California Class C driver’s license and an acceptable driving record at the time of appointment and throughout employment.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Civil Engineering or closely related field.
- Three years of experience in professional civil engineering work.
Company: City of Ontario
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ontario, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A