Website City of Victoria
Support, administer and optimize cloud-based solutions and related cloud components, with a focus on Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Azure. This includes configuring new implementations using automation solutions, developing integrations both inside and outside of the platform, and implementing processes and procedures for ongoing management of the cloud environment.
- Develops and maintains cloud environment documentation and end user training materials as required.
- Provides advice to IT leadership team on governance, alternatives and solutions, product evaluation, and risk assessment of existing and future cloud solutions.
- Contributes to a centre of excellence framework and usage guidelines across the Microsoft 365 platform.
- Provides daily administrative and maintenance support for the corporate electronic document and records management system (EDRMS).
- Responsible for developing Microsoft Teams and implementing Microsoft 365 Groups architecture, standards, integrations.
- Supports an enterprise-wide Microsoft 365 information architecture related to data management, content management, and service management.
- Builds and supports cloud-based services and solutions based on defined patterns.
- Works closely with other team members, management, specialized IT areas and application support teams to ensure that solutions are built to deliver availability, reliability, and scalability.
- Monitors Microsoft 365 system usage and optimizes performance.
- Performs user requirement analysis and partners with users to develop and build solutions that meet business needs and meet corporate standards.
- Creates and maintains Microsoft Teams, SharePoint Sites, Power Platform automation and Microsoft 365 architecture, ensuring best patterns and practices.
- Develops and maintains frameworks and standards for SharePoint and Group permissions, SharePoint sites, Hub sites, etc.
- Participates in key process improvements as they relate to the cloud environment.
- Develops PowerShell scripts to assist with the daily operations and enhancements.
- Assists with development of integrations between SharePoint, ERP systems, data repositories, and other applications.
- Creates forms with complex workflows and improves business process automations.
- Monitors and troubleshoots Microsoft 365 operational and technical issues, liaises with other IT support professionals to ensure timely resolution and communicates issues and service disruptions.
- Manages and responds to tier 2/3 service requests and provide end user support as required.
- Ensures the corporate EDRMS is optimized for use with Microsoft 365 to meet organizational business requirements, through the use of sensitivity labels and retention policies.
- Evaluates and recommends tools, extensions and add-ons to assist with the maintenance and support of EDRMS.
- Experience with Scripting languages (Python, Microsoft PowerShell, etc.)
- Experience in DevOps environments and the use of automation to deliver business value
- Work effectively with multi-disciplinary teams which include customer stakeholders, project managers, business analysts, and developers
- Experience with Azure technologies to support the Microsoft 365 line of business applications
- Experience architecting, administering and maintaining SharePoint Online environments
- Experience with migrating data across different cloud environments or from on-premises infrastructure.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related discipline (4 years).
- Additional Microsoft certifications for Microsoft 365 or Azure considered an asset.
- Experience with SharePoint and Active Directory security and integration
- Experience with hybrid identity management with Azure Active Directory
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, preferably with exposure to Scrum
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders, verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of Agile best practices preferable.
- Other Cloud provider certifications such as Amazon AWS or Google Compute would be an asset.
Company: City of Victoria
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Victoria, BC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A