Website Civil Service
We are looking for a highly driven person who is an excellent team player and will thrive in a supportive and welcoming environment. The post holder will drive forward the Programme’s strategic objectives in a supportive and encouraging environment. The role provides an excellent career opportunity for someone with strong organisational, interpersonal, engagement and communication skills.
We are looking for an experienced programme/project Delivery Manager with significant internal and external stakeholder management experience and a proven track record of working in Programme Management Offices (PMOs).
You will champion the Project & Portfolio Management (PPM) profession. Working in an environment that requires flexibility and the ability to juggle often time-sensitive priorities is essential to being successful.
Occasional travel & overnight stays will be expected in this role.
The role of the Programme Lead is to manage the central PMO team, with a direct reporting line to the Programme’s Deputy Director.
- Accountability for Programme’s end-to-end planning, building joined-up view of planned project/Programme activity, working across the Portfolio and with GB Delivery Directorate projects to ensure project/Programme/Portfolio plans show co-ordinated view of milestones/activities against GB Delivery Directorate’s critical path.
- Accountability for identifying hotspots/solutions for issues constraining successful delivery. Direct responsibility for Red Team resource deployment and Programme assurance activities.
- Accountability for Business Case management, seeking funding from HMRC Investment Board through to Treasury Approvals (including drafting comprehensive responses to Lines of Enquiry for Treasury Approvals Panel).
- Accountability for the integrity of the Programme, assuring effective control of the scope and spend against the investment secured; providing an independent assessment and confirmation that the Programme (and its underlying projects) is on track, that it is being appropriately managed and that its activities and business rationale remain aligned to HMRC’s overarching objectives.
- Accountability for Programme end-to end reporting, providing a cohesive and succinct view of progress against delivery, which will include professional and responsive briefings to Ministerial level.
- Accountability for developing the internal capability across the wider programme team. Champion the use of best practice project management standards and processes to enable great quality programme delivery.
- Accountability for programme resource and capability activities, including succession planning to support departmental resourcing activities.
- Accountability for providing secretariat support for GB Delivery Directorate’s Programme Board and Delivery Board, ensuring the governance of these Boards brings appropriate challenge and scrutiny of performance, and ensure high-quality briefing for the Chair, and effective management of actions arising.
- Provide constructive challenge in a corporate way when barriers threaten programme delivery. Highlighting key risks, issues and dependencies that threaten delivery, not just of a specific project, proposing and initiating corrective actions, escalating concerns to the Pogramme Director, as appropriate.
- Proven track record of working in a complex, fast-paced Programme environment.
- Proven track record in leading/supporting a complex, fast-paced Programme through its formal governance framework, with the capability to drive forward core PMO functions to the quality standard required to assure project/programme deliverables are in line with PPM change framework.
- Tangible experience of developing and maintaining excellent working relationships with a wide and diverse range of senior leaders/stakeholders.
- Ability to constructively influence, change, impact decisions with internal and external stakeholders, bringing people together to benefit the Programme.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and priorities in adverse situations, remaining calm, reassuring others to maintain performance. Also the ability to challenge any unacceptable behaviour.
- Tangible evidence of providing visible and strong leadership and achieving success by: setting clear direction; developing and motivating high performing teams; fostering a proactive/collaborative environment; and delivering outstanding service / programme delivery performance.
- The ability to work in an environment of uncertainty and continual change and to feel comfortable making decisions and setting direction without having the full picture and re-focus as details emerge,
Company: Civil Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Whitley Bay, GB
Application Deadline: N/A