Website Civil Service
We at the Submarine Delivery Agency, are excited to be hiring talented engineers to work on one of the most complex feats of engineering in the UK! We have two positions for Nuclear or Mechanical engineers to manage the delivery of mechanical components and systems on new classes of Submarines that are currently being manufactured. Building on your excellent technical expertise, these roles offer you the chance to work with cutting edge technology and talented individuals, from across the Submarine Enterprise.
Working as our Mechanical Components Lead for the Nuclear Reactor that will be fitted to the Dreadnought Class of Submarines, you will act as our Engineering Lead, overseeing the design, development and delivery of mechanical components. You will ensure that components are delivered to schedule, cost and are compliant with all safety requirements.
Alternatively, should you take up the position as our Mechanical Desk Officer you will be responsible for managing the production, build and test specification of the primary mechanical systems for the Astute Class Submarine. This will include assessing any proposed design changes and approving any deviations in the manufacture process.
We are keen to hear from engineers with nuclear knowledge, from either defence or civil industry, or from exceptional candidates with experience of the design and manufacture of complex mechanical components.
Please note that due to the nature of the projects involved, these posts are reserved for Sole UK Nationals only.
- Your exceptional communication and influencing skills will allow you to build strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, in order to obtain and relay information critical to these projects.
- You will liaise with Approving Authorities, suppliers and contractors, to confirm that components are delivered on time and to the required quality and standards, including managing the acquisition safety aspects.
- You will lead on the development of requirements related to your own area of specialism including acceptance plans, performance criteria and draft specifications.
- You will provide expert advice and guidance within your own technical area to solve complex technical problems and to identify application risks.
- You will be responsible for monitoring and implementing changes in any governance and assurance policies and procedures, to ensure the ‘safe & professional’ status of your area.
- L4 Qualification (or higher) in engineering or equivalent relevant industry experience
- Strong communication skills and demonstrable evidence of dealing with multiple stakeholders.
- Technical decision making
- Technical requirements, evaluation and acceptance.
- Communicating and influencing
- Changing and improving
- Experience of change management and generating acceptance plans for technical requirements or processes
Company: Civil Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pucklechurch, GB
Application Deadline: N/A