Website Duke Energy
The Human Resources Development Program (HRDP), also known as the HR Rotational Program, is designed for current or recent college graduates specializing in Human Resources. The purpose of this rotational program is to allow employees to gain experience in various functions within Human Resources at Duke Energy. While in the program, participants develop their human resources and professional skills as well as get a better understanding of their areas of interest and strengths. The program consists of three rotations in three different departments with 12-month durations.
- HR Consulting Services – This rotation will provide you with the opportunity to learn how the HR consultants contribute to the success of the business. Responsibilities will include providing manager and employee support in the areas of employee development, performance management, organization effectiveness, diversity and inclusion and employee relations.
- Compensation and Benefits – A rotation in Compensation and Benefits will provide you with an overview of Duke Energy’s total rewards philosophy. In this rotation, you will gain exposure to compensation and incentive design, compensation administration, job evaluation and/or health and wellness benefits.
- Talent Acquisition – A rotation in Talent Acquisition will give you the opportunity to interface with various facets of Duke Energy and learn about a specific business. In this rotation, you may have responsibility for sourcing, reviewing and evaluating candidates while managing the candidate experience.
- HR Operations – A rotation in HR Operations will provide you with exposure to the activities required to provide a great employee experience across a large employee base. You may have responsibility for supporting HR technology, project management, analytics, self-service and payroll.
- Employee Relations – A rotation in Employee Relations will give you the opportunity to facilitate the resolution of workplace issues. You will learn about employee investigations, employment policies, case management and disciplinary actions.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion- A rotation in D,E and I will provide an opportunity to gain experiences working with business units and councils to define and execute on D, E and I strategies. Additionally, this role will partner with other HR functions to support the enterprise D, E and I work such as data reporting, development program and talent identification.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Human Resource Management, Industrial/ Organizational Psychology or Organization Development (or closely related field)
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Communicates clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to plan, organize and execute deliverables within the agreed upon timeframe and budget
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to integrate and summarize information into an easy to understand format
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills through on-campus, extracurricular/volunteer activities, previous work experiences, etc.
- Attention to detail
- High level of proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel
Company: Duke Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Myrtle Beach, SC, US
Application Deadline: N/A