East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD) invites qualified applicants to apply for an immediate Senior Software Engineer (Oracle Database Administrator) vacancy in the Applications division of EBMUD’s Information Systems Department (ISD). This position resides in the Application Infrastructure group. EBMUD is seeking a motivated professional with substantial experience in Oracle Database Administration (DBA) and structured query language (SQL and PL/SQL). This position includes management of Oracle databases, architecting Oracle database-related integrations, and management of application servers.
• Monitoring and optimizing Oracle database performance.
• Providing Oracle database support for application programmers.
• Tuning Oracle SQL statements.
• Working with project teams to architect Oracle database-related integrations involving on premise and cloud-based environments (SaaS, and IaaS).
• Troubleshooting at the Oracle database level (Unix & Linux-based).
• Troubleshooting at the application server level (Windows & Linux-based).
• Implementing change requests to production databases and application servers in keeping with ISD change management practices.
• Performing Oracle database upgrades.
• Performing Application server upgrades.
• Seeking out continuous improvement, process automation and risk mitigation.
• Expert-level ability writing complex queries in SQL.
• Versant with PL/SQL.
• Strong knowledge of Oracle relational database concepts and a versatile skillset to design solutions and solve problems at many levels of the technology stack.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with all levels of personnel individually and within teams. Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to script and automate processes using appropriate tools.
• Experience evaluating, learning, applying, and mastering new technologies.
• Versant with data warehouse concepts and methodologies.
• Effective working independently and collaboratively.
Completion of four years of college resulting in graduation, or its equivalent;
Three years of systems analysis and programming experience developing business applications for computer systems including one year at a level comparable to or higher than EBMUD class of Software Engineer II. Experience may require demonstrated use and expertise in specific programming languages, database administration, or IT specialties relevant to the position vacancy.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Jose, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A