Website Canada Post
As a technically skilled Postal System Technician in our plant facility, you will help keep mail and parcels moving efficiently through corrective and preventive maintenance and repairs on all mail- and parcel-sorting & handling equipment.
At Canada Post, we’re investing in state-of-the art machinery and systems in many areas while redefining our relevance and transforming our company to play a more meaningful role in the lives of all Canadians. We’re looking for skilled and innovative people to help us get there.
- In the absence of the storeman, retrieves and obtains items used in support of maintenance and repair duties from stores.
- Installs or alters equipment and circuits as directed.
- Performs the more difficult testing, diagnosis, maintenance, adjustment and revision work, requiring a thorough knowledge of the mechanical electrical and electronic, pneumatic, or hydraulic control and operating mechanisms of the equipment. For example, performs trouble-shooting and repair of complex inter-locking and supervisory group control panels, keying circuits, memory storage circuits, readout and feedback circuits, and associated mechanical and electrical components throughout the installation; locates and corrects malfunctions in scanning, triggering and other electro-mechanical and electronic circuits.
- Cleans, lubricates and adjusts equipment to ensure correct operation.
- Locates the source of, and rectifies trouble in, involved or questionable cases, or in emergency situations where expert attention is required to locate and correct the defect quickly to avoid or minimize interruptions to mail processing activities.
- Performs other job related tasks in support of primary duties.
- Participates in training programs at the CPC Technical Training Centre, on-the-job, in trade schools and at manufacturers’ plants as required.
- Performs battery charging and changing tasks as required.
- Observes the various components of the system in operation and applies appropriate testing methods and procedures to ensure continued proper functionning.
- Performs area assurance duties.
- Observes established safety practices and requirements pertaining to the type of work involved; recommends additional safety measures as required.
- Must be able to safely lift items that weigh less than 22.7 kilograms (50 pounds) in lifting heavy equipment and tools and perform maintenance routines under a variety of conditions including cramped spaces, heights and other awkward positions.
- Completion at minimum of a 2 year post-secondary program in electronics. DEC in Quebec. (These trades/programs could include electronic technician/technologist)
- Basic understanding of mechanical and electro-mechanical systems and principles such as hydraulics, pneumatics, and servo controllers etc.
- Understanding of maintenance, repair, overhaul, installation and modification of electronic systems and equipment.
- Two years experience within the last five in the maintenance and repair of a variety of electronic systems and equipment, or a diploma per educational requirements above funded by Canada Post in the last five years.
Company: Canada Post
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A