Our Project Management Centre of Excellence Office (PMCoE) is looking to hire a Senior Training Design and Development Specialist, reporting to the Manager Project Management CoE Training. The position is responsible for facilitating continuous improvement through the design and development of effective and efficient coaching & learning programs to support the overall project management competency improvement across the organization. Contributes to the development of the overall coaching & learning strategy for the PMCoE based on competency profiles and training needs analysis; leverages sound Adult Learning, Project Management and Instructional Design methodologies to develop and facilitate coaching and learning strategies.
- Designs and develops learning content to engage learners and facilitate behaviour change. Learning content may include eLearning, multimedia content – audio and video assets, illustrations and interactive content; job aids, coaching & learning workshops with hands on activities and presentations.
- Creates aesthetically pleasing content that aligns to Metrolinx’s visual branding standards; develops a variety of media such as graphics, video, audio, edit photorealistic imagery, and animations to create engaging content by using rapid eLearning authoring tools, such as Storyline 360,
- Camtasia presentation tools, and desktop publishing tools.
- Maintains learning records and ensures PMCoE coaching & learning programs are updated, including evaluation and continuous improvement; creating formal and informal evaluations to measure performance and evaluate adequacy of quality assurance standards. Prepare reports and communicate to stakeholders.
- Responsible for all aspects of project management coaching & learning programs, including both technical and soft skills, based on industry best practices and PMI/PMBOK project management methodologies and as identified in PMCoE’s project management competency strategy; design, implement and facilitate coaching and learning plans.
- Collaborates effectively and enthusiastically with other PMCoE team members, subject matter experts and other individuals across the organization.
- Facilitates instructor led and Train-the Trainer sessions for coaching & learning programs.
- Strong customer service skills to respond to and work with a variety of stakeholders.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills to identify and implement effective learning programs.
- Certified Training and Development Professional (CTDP), Canadian Human Resources Professional (CHRP), or Certified Human Resources
- Leader (CHRL) designations is are an asset.
- Interactive multimedia skills, such as editing and manipulating graphics, audio editing, video editing, and creating animations with the ability to apply these skills to create engaging learning materials
- Verbal communication skills to collaborate with a variety of staff and to deliver dynamic and engaging coaching & learning programs.
- Highly developed organizational skills to manage competing demands and high volumes of work.
- Proven knowledge and application of Adult Learning Principles, ADDIE and other instructional principles and methodologies.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities to provide direction to staff related to role and expertise.
- Experience using performance analytics to measure training program success.
- Experience developing learning strategies and plans for a large organization with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience performing training needs assessments using a performance consulting, which identifies training or other appropriate intervention.
- Experience in the transit industry an asset. Experience in a government agency an asset.
- Ability to think critically and use data to make decisions.
- Written communication skills to design and write creative, high-impact content for coaching & learning programs and social platforms.
- Project management competency, including work planning, monitoring and evaluation expertise to manage multiple projects with competing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in Storyline 360, Camtasia, MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), MS Teams, Adobe Creative Suite, or demonstrated experience in alternative design tools.
- Minimum 6 (six)years of developing and facilitating learning & coaching programs, instructional design, training adults, and applying learning theory. Experience designing, developing and delivering programs related to project management, considered an asset.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A