Our office of Chief Communications Officer is looking to hire a Senior Advisor, reporting to the Manager & Senior Advisor to the Chief Communications Officer. This position provides support by advising and recommending actions on a variety of topics related to policy, programs, and communications. This includes handling sensitive issues and matters of corporate reputational risk in coordination with the Communications Leadership Team and the Office of the CEO. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading strategic initiatives, coordinating presentations, reports, KPI dashboards and communications on behalf of the Chief Communications Officer as well as managing special projects.
- Supports the coordination and development of materials for Board of Directors and Customer Experience Committee meetings.
- Handles complex situations and multiple responsibilities independently to support the executive agenda; identifies emerging issues and urgency of immediate demands; mediates and resolves conflicts associated with issues, ongoing work, and between competing projects.
- Responds to enquiries, provides advice, and makes decisions in accordance with established legislation, policies and procedures.
- Initiates and supports development of reports, presentations, communication strategies and plans, in collaboration with business units across the Communications team. This includes developing, reviewing and analyzing reports, presentations and communication documents prior to dissemination to ensure consistency, quality and good flow of information.
- Develops data in dashboards and synthesizes meaningful information for reporting, analysis, and presentation purposes for use by senior management, internal business units and stakeholders.
- Works collaboratively with members of the Communications Leadership Team, the Senior Management Team (SMT), and their staff on policy, projects and contentious or emerging issues; provides subject matter expertise and advice to assist with planning to ensure successful outcomes.
- Manages the development and flow of useful, timely and accurate information between the business unit and a broad range of external stakeholders (e.g. Ministries, business partners).
- Leads continuous improvements projects using LEAN methodology and best practices to create operational efficiencies in the Office of the Chief Communications Officer and the Communications division as a whole.
- Interacts and/or works with cross functional teams, the CEO’s office, and key stakeholders to coordinate information requests, develop progress updates, manage distribution of information while utilizing influencing skills to achieve desired outcomes.
- Develops and maintains a strong network with internal and external partners to coordinate projects, set priorities and deadlines and share best practices.
- Assesses and analyzes business operations to effectively evaluate options and manage programs and special projects within established timelines.
- Strong project management skills are needed to plan, organize, and coordinate internal and external resources engaged in project activities to meet timelines, budget limitations, and adhere to quality control standards and best practices
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written/presentation communication skills to write speeches, prepare presentations, compile awards submissions, and add content to the newsletter and web site
- Strong influencing/negotiating as well as political acumen capabilities to deal with a variety of stakeholders, agencies and staff to ensure successful outcomes and achieve goals
- Minimum six (6) years’ experience, ideally in the public sector, developing strategic materials, reports, presentations, public relations materials, or communications materials; managing special projects, complex and sensitive issues/tasks, timely flow of information along with stakeholder interaction.
- Proficiency in computer applications, including MS Office (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Completion of a degree in Political Science, Public Policy, Public Relations, Communications or related field or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent
- Excellent analytical skills to analyze business needs and identify and assess risks and impacts on company reputation and develop recommendations for corrective action.
- Experience within an engineering or transit infrastructure environment would be an asset
- Knowledge of the theory, principles, and practices of political science, communications and public relations
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A