Website Menzies Aviation
Coordinates the aircraft ground handling services for the day-to-day operation in accordance with the Airport and Airline Handling Manual.
- Ensure aircraft was loaded in accordance with the mandated load plan, safeguarding aircraft operation.
- Communicate to load planners and pilot of secure loads or load discrepancies.
- Attend briefings as given and always follow safety rules and procedures in all work being done.
- Enforce safety rules and regulations, inspected vehicles and other equipment for evidence of abuse, damage, or mechanical malfunction.
- Monitor safe and efficient use of all ramp equipment and report any irregularities.
- Train personnel on proper use of ground equipment and ramp operations
- Inspect load plans and loads for aircraft and trucks.
- Upload cargo based on load plan information provided
- Determine the quantity and orientation of cargo, compute aircraft center of gravity, and sign the load plan or manifest.
- Ensure proper load plans and loads were configured correctly and all paperwork was accounted for and correct.
- Operate heavy motorized equipment to service aircrafts, transport baggage, push and tow aircrafts.
- Clean and service aircraft cabin, including water/lavatory service.
- Observed safe ground handling procedures and maintenance of ground handling equipment, including the performance of equipment checks.
- Maintained ground handling equipment, including the performance of equipment checks.
- Ramp supervisor in charge of ramp operations insuring gate operation is completed safely and on time.
- Communicate with passengers, flight crew, gate agents and flight tower to ensure safety.
- Organize efficient teams of ramp agents to service aircrafts in timely manner.
- Service aircraft and ground equipment as needed.
- Maintain daily security and safety procedures.
- Secure warehouse and airport areas, safety procedures and meetings.
- Follow safety procedures according to company policies and regulations
- Coordinate duties to operation agents
- Complete security check and prepare aircraft for quick and prompt turnover.
- Maintain weight and balance for passenger flights, perform security check for each flight before cleared for passengers boarding.
- Report any unusual security concerns to area supervisor and perform security checks on aircraft when needed.
- Clean the inside of the aircraft and perform security check
- Authorize load plan prior to loading
- Retrieve load plans of primary loading functions to perform loading procedures for aircrafts to ensure weight and balance of each flight.
- Guide all airline and safety procedures.
- Load and unload aircraft baggage, transport baggage, and push and mail delegate responsibilities and duties to co-workers clean and service aircraft daily.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to speak, read and write in English.
- Must pass drivers test with the department of airports and obtain a drivers license to drive on Airport Operational Area (AOA).
- Must have a valid driver’s license with good driving record.
- Able to comfortably lift 70 pounds.
- Must be available on call and flexible to work variable shifts including weekends and holidays.
- Work is done outdoors, must be comfortable working in all weather conditions.
- Must pass all pre-employment testing, including drug screen, physical testing, and ten years background check as required by US Customs.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
Company: Menzies Aviation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ontario, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A