Our Customer Care Office is seeking 3 (three) part-time Customer Relations Representatives to support the delivery of exceptional customer service for users of Metrolinx’s public transit systems and services, through the resolution of customer service queries and complaints that have been escalated from the Customer Care Representatives, or received directly through other channels.
- Performs other duties as assigned by a Supervisor, Customer Relations, or designate
- Utilizes strong communication skills and multiple systems and resources to effectively understand customer issues and resolve customer complaints from all channels.
- Demonstrates diplomacy when dealing with difficult situations, focusing on resolving the customer’s concern while professionally representing the company.
- Identifies customer service issues and trends, and ensures effective root cause analysis by accurately entering and coding details into the system.
- Synthesizes information pertaining to complex cross-functional incidents, and acting as an advocate for the customer, collaborates with business partners to deliver an effective resolution to customer issues.
- Makes decisions on complaint resolution, including customer service settlements such as vouchers and coupons, and seeks advice from Supervisor in exceptional situations.
- Advocating for the customer by identifying customer service issues, balancing business needs, analyzing complaints to identify issues/trends to be addressed and resolved by appropriate corporate resources.
- Utilizes Case Management system to respond to customer complaints for Metrolinx Public Transit Systems and Services of business through multiple communication channels including, but not limited to, telephone, email, and mail.
- Provides second-level customer service by addressing and resolving complex escalated customer service queries, issues, and complaints from customers.
- Creates, logs and manages a case load, responding to complaints in writing, over the phone and in person.
- Exercises judgement and discretion to make decisions on complaint resolution, including customer service settlements, and seeks advice from Supervisor in exceptional situations.
- Understands and delivers on KPIs and performance expectations as outlined by Supervisor, Customer Relations or designate
- Issues refunds and reviews customers transactional data to process service guarantees, UP Express online ticket, various co-fares and missed tap-off refunds.
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Ability to track/keep records of customer interactions, issues, complaints in order to identify trends.
- A positive, empathetic and professional attitude towards customers in order to de-escalate situations where customers are difficult, irate, and/or distressed
- Highly organized to manage multiple priorities and work independently, in a fast-paced, high pressure contact centre environment while following standardized procedures.
- Communication skills (verbal/written) at a superior level in English are required.
- Proficient in the use of a computer keyboard and mouse quickly and accurately to navigate relevant software and customer service programs.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of customer service
- Ability to bring innovative thinking to an issue, while working within a prescribed framework.
- Ability to remain calm, exercise empathy and de-escalate situations where customers are difficult, angry, and/or distressed.
- Fluency in French that meets Ontario Public Service (OPS) standards is an asset.
- 3-5 years’ experience delivering customer service in a Contact Centre environment
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A