Our Operations Finance team is seeking a Senior Project Control Officer to manage, and coordinate financial and budgetary controls, in addition to reporting and accounting functions for capital infrastructure projects.
- Conducts financial and contract analysis to support and maintain adherence to strategy, and develops reports and presentations utilizing analytical findings that support planning and decision-making and address the needs of Senior Management and The Board and support planning and decision-making.
- Interfaces and collaborates with a variety of disciplines / business units for collective responsibility on budgeting and forecasting.
- Oversees cash flow analysis to identify trends and issues related to funding requests.
- Ability to provide insight on project risks, and identify appropriate mitigation strategies to senior management.
- Guides others in the performance of their day-to-day activities without direct supervisory responsibility.
- Implements a robust accounting control system to ensure consistency in payments, cost accounting and financial reporting of project activities.
- Provides regular updates to director on budgets and project status, identifies areas of potential concern, and advises director if contractors are in danger of default or non-compliance.
- Assists with the management of capital and operating budgets by coordinating program budget information (e.g. variance reports, budget forecasts, activity levels, financial analysis), and preparing capital project budget justifications.
- Delivers financial analysis, expertise, and advice to senior management and project teams regarding project payments and fiscal matters through the life of large multiple concurrent multi-billion dollar capital projects.
- Provides delivery and project teams with financial analysis and associated financial reporting and metrics as required. Leads the analysis and delivery of financial reporting for the division’s capital commitments and individual capital projects by reconciling costs accrued, forecasting expenditures and identifying variances.
- Identifies, assesses, and recommends solutions for financial issues that impact capital projects and / or contracts.
- Uses financial and administrative controls and procedures for payments, financial reporting and systems in support of program objectives and within accounting standards and best practices and corporate accounting policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and experience in accounting, financial analysis, and reporting principles and practices in large, complex multi-billion dollar and multi-project construction and infrastructure environments.
- Minimum six (6) years’ progressive experience in finance and contract management
- Experience in using Ecosys and Oracle (CM14/Unifier) is an asset.
- Completion of a diploma or degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance or a related discipline – or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent
- MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A