Our Maintenance Delivery – Track Rehabilitation office is seeking a Track Quality Officer. Reporting to the Track Evaluation Officer, you will review, analyse, trend Track Quality and plan and administer rehabilitation and maintenance of railway track infrastructure, and ensure contractors’ quality of work meets legislative requirements, and to lead the development, and management of future rehabilitation programs.
- Provides planning of programmed maintenance, rehabilitation, and upgrades for capital plant renewal programs of railway infrastructure.
- Analyzing data of railway corridor infrastructure, identifying component wear, flaws, and deteriorations, and providing recommendations for rehabilitation.
- Provides input to the budget process for railway corridor track rehabilitation and asset management.
- Assists with contract development and strategies by providing technical expertise on railway track rehabilitation requirements including providing recommendations based on technical analysis of track conditions (e.g. rate of wear indicating track rehabilitation and/or replacement requirements)
- Develops and maintains allocated expenses for contracted rail corridor asset management.
- Establishes and prioritizes rehabilitation programs.
- Prepares business justifications, develops engineering projects (e.g. work plans, timelines, costing and resource requirements) and work instructions related to corrective and preventative track maintenance, and railway operations
- Provides input to the development of a rail asset management replacement strategies.
- Continuously monitors the maintenance program for effectiveness including updating and developing Key Performance Indicators to measure results and trends; assists with failure analysis with a view to improving the overall maintenance program
- Ensures that appropriate internal management control systems are developed and practiced.
- Asset inventory development and planning.
- Monitors the performance and removal of track related track slow orders
- Must have a valid Class “G” driver’s license and meet the corporate standard for a good driving record.
- Knowledge of track standards and track maintenance procedures.
- Experience in the application of railroad safety standards such as Transport Canada (TC), Federal Railway Administration (FRA) and American
- Association of Railways (AAR).
- Minimum 3 years-experience or equivalent.
- Must have a degree in Civil, Mechanical, or Material Engineering or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Working knowledge of Engineering procedures, codes of practice, standards, recommended methods, and the ability to produce effective technical instructions
- Experience controlling capital and operating budgets.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A