Website State of Missouri
This position will be located at 220 S Jefferson Ave., St. Louis, MO 63103. This position service St. Louis City and St. Louis County
We are seeking an individual who is committed to the mission of keeping Missourian’s safe and healthy. This position is integral in assisting Missouri’s Medicaid-eligible senior citizens and adults with disabilities remain as independent as possible in the least restrictive environment through the Home and Community Based Services program. A person in this position will exhibit exceptional communication skills, have the ability to interview others, show strong documentation practices, consistently display exemplary customer service, and demonstrate collaboration amongst an interdisciplinary team.
- Bachelor’s degree (substitutions may be allowed).
- Strong interviewing and communication skills
- Keen to detail and documentation
- Exhibit disability & cross-generational awareness
- Prior experience with customer service and working with the elderly, persons with disabilities or other vulnerable populations is preferred.
- Conduct initial assessments/reassessments in accordance with all DSDS policy and regulations to enable senior and/or disabled adults to remain in the least restrictive environment
- Coordinate Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) program services such as housekeeping, meal preparation, health, and/or personal care by making/receiving contact with participants and providers to complete service authorizations
- Develop and implement a care plan that meets the participant’s unmet needs by making participant contact, collateral contacts and home visit(s), considering participant choice of providers
- Represent DSDS in administrative hearings
- Travel within a multi-county area to conduct home visits, attend hearings and training sessions, utilizing your personal vehicle when necessary
- Assume accountability and responsibility over the program’s integrity, operations, and success
Company: State of Missouri
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St. Louis, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A