Website State of North Carolina
The Children’s Developmental Services Agency (CDSA) of the Cape Fear serves a 9-county catchment area including the following counties: Bladen, Brunswick, Columbus, Cumberland, Duplin, New Hanover, Pender, Robeson, and Sampson. This position, located in Fayetteville/Cumberland County, supports operational functions that allow the CDSA of the Cape Fear to maximize agency revenues, maintain staff efficiency, and comply with state and federal requirements. The position is responsible for billing and reimbursement support functions, including reviewing and entering Financial Eligibility Applications and billing forms into the electronic Health Information System (HIS) and submitting electronic and manual claims to Medicaid and private insurance companies. The position also provides clerical support to direct services and administrative staff, completes data entry, data management, and medical record management functions, and assists with reception and fielding telephone calls. Additional duties may include purchasing, motor fleet management, and office and facilities management.
The North Carolina Early Intervention Branch (NCEI) is a part of the N.C. Division of Public Health. It is the lead agency for the N.C. Infant-Toddler Program (ITP). The Infant-Toddler Program provides supports and services for families and their children, birth to three who have special needs. Research shows that this time period is critical. It offers a window of opportunity to make a positive difference in how a child develops and learns. Children’s Developmental Services Agencies (CDSAs) across North Carolina work with local service providers to help families help their children succeed.
To receive credit for all of your work history and credentials, you must list the information on the application form. Any information listed under the text resume section or on an attachment will not be considered for qualifying credit. Qualified applicants must document on the application that they possess all of the following:
- Position requires experience in using Word, Excel, databases, and automated billing software
- Demonstrated knowledge of third-party billing and experience billing Medicaid and private insurers
- Working knowledge of office skills and protocol
- Analyzing data for trends and variables
- Analyzing and interpreting policy and procedural guidelines and to resolve problems and questions
- A Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated skills in organizing work flow and coordinating activities
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all levels of staff
Company: State of North Carolina
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Raleigh, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A