Website State of North Carolina
This position is located in Cumberland County – Fayetteville District Engineer’s Office and will function as an Engineering Technician responsible for conducting field inspections for various public and private construction within NCDOT right of way. Work functions include the review, processing and inspection of driveway permits; encroachment agreements; subdivisions and applicable construction projects within the Division; secondary road construction; resurfacing projects; survey data; collection and analysis of field data as assigned.
- Experience in conducting independent, moderately complex inspections, with limited supervision
- Experience in maintaining neat, legible and accurate records and reports, including computer/iPad data entry
- Experience analyzing and interpreting highway construction plans
- Experience applying engineering concepts to solve complex problems
- Computer experience including office software and drafting software
- Must possess communication skills to provide telephone and on-site technical assistance to on-site inspectors, developers, contractors, engineers and general public. Ability to review and interpret construction plans, contract provisions, specifications and inspection procedures.
- Ability to communicate well with the general public and co-workers. Possess knowledge of mathematical functions including algebra, geometry, and trigonometry is required. Knowledge in the use of surveying equipment, basic office equipment, drafting equipment, and computer programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Micro Station). Steel toed shoes required. A valid NC Driver’s License is preferred. This position operates a State Vehicle. Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Associate’s degree in an applicable area of Engineering Technology, Survey Technology or a related curriculum from an appropriately accredited institution and three (3) years of progressive technician level experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Company: State of North Carolina
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fayetteville, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A