Website Canada Post
The Officer, Resource Optimization is accountable to provide planning, budgeting, forecasting, verification, analysis, and reporting services in support of labour resource performance for mail processing, collection and delivery, and retail operations groups, meeting the approval of the appropriate Process Owners and respecting the obligations of the various applicable Collective Agreements.
- Contributes to the budgeting process by forecasting costs for labour resources on a monthly and yearly basis. Collects data from a variety of sources within the Corporation and allocates appropriate labour rates to develop an overview of the labour costs of various operations within the mail operations groups
- Schedules employee’s training programs, in collaboration with the Learning and Development Institute, ensuring training schedules are established
- Supports Operations to determine the need of temporary employees and coordinates those resources, tracks their probation period, performance evaluation and attendance using different corporate tools and procedures
- Builds and applies knowledge of current methods, tools and technologies for computerized production planning, staffing and forecasting
- Reviews actual cost and performance of labour against production plans, identifies and analyzes sources of variance, and recommends potential corrective actions to the appropriate members of the management team. Tracks management initiatives, quantifies and reports on labour impact resulting from their implementation
- Liaises with various operational and support groups to exchange and interpret information in order to optimize labour mix and schedules to best meet needs of all stakeholders while keeping a focus on lowering operational costs
- Conducts analysis and interpretation of labour resource data, including historical, current, corporate, local trends and forecasts. Gathers, compiles and analyzes various data to identify current and projected capacity against current and projected needs and applies knowledge of postal operations and collective agreements to identify opportunities and risks for reduction of operating costs
- Prepares shift schedules in accordance to the 24 hours corporate strategy for labour efficiency, indicating and coordinating staff requirements to maintain production needs and satisfy obligations of appropriate Collective Agreements. Liaises with appropriate groups to negotiate and align operating schedules with equipment maintenance windows, transportation services, material handling and processing equipment availability, store opening hours and other vital interfaces that impact on the overall success and cost of mail operations
- Contributes to the preparation of operating plans for the appropriate group (plant, depots, and retail offices). Gathers, reviews and analyzes operational data on a regular basis using a variety of tools and methods to determine and advise the management team on the most appropriate levels and mix of staff required to optimize the balance of diverse needs such as high service levels and low operating costs
- Ability to develop recommendations and implement plans.
- Ability to analyze, assess and interpret data and reports and their application
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Completion of secondary school according to provincial standards or equivalent (GED) is required, AND
- Completion of post-secondary (College/University) course(s) in a related field is required.
- Proficient computer skills and competent with Microsoft Office programs.
- 3 years of related work experience is required.
- Ability to organize, plan and control work effectively.
Company: Canada Post
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A