Website Royal Caribbean International
This position is responsible for the successful operation of the shipboard Shore Excursions and destination delivery program including sales objectives, quality control and administrative functions. This position will interact with shipboard management teams and collaborate on sales/marketing strategies, staff training, succession planning and the recruitment of Shore Excursions staff, diver instructors, assistant managers and managers. This position will also collaborate with product development team to optimize tour program content and recommend adjustments based on demand trends.
- Proactively assists in identifying, developing and driving onboard sales strategies and initiatives that will result in profitable long-term growth.
- Manages Key Performance Indicators for overall net revenue, on board sales and guest experience.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
- Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Liaises with APAC scheduling team to create staffing plan. Assign Shore Excursion Managers, Assistant Shore Excursions Managers, Dive
- Instructors and Staff contracts to maintain approved fleet PAR levels and identify gaps for recruiting purposes.
- Consistent evaluation of Medallia comments / NPS scores to obtain feedback on tour product and overall onboard operation.
- Performs other duties as required:
- Leads conference and/or virtual meetings with shipboard teams to discuss performance opportunities and challenges.
- Involved in the talent acquisition process including interviewing, scheduling, recruiting and employee relations.
- Oversees weekly sales results by ship and develops strategies to drive incremental revenues.
- Develops tactical and strategic shipboard marketing and promotional collaboration with the Manager of Shore Excursions Operations.
- For New Builds and refurbishments/amplifications ¿ involved in scheduling, purchasing and Owner Supply
- Collaboration with Next Cruise ops team on Next Cruise/Shore ex efficiencies
- PADI Dive shop operations including scheduling of Dive Instructors, vendor relations and procurement of retail items.
- Tracking of employee appraisals and staff development plans for career development and promotions
- Develops robust recruitment practices to attract and evaluate top Shore Excursion management and staff talent.
- Recommends and implements processes, policy and procedure improvements / enhancements to revenue, safety, SQM and the efficiency of the operating protocols and implements procedure changes as required.
- Manages, coaches and assesses the performance of the onboard shore excursions teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate with all levels of leadership, guests and employees.
- Be able to build relationships with decision-makers of all operational areas, as well as the team both onboard and shore side
- Must be a leader that others want to follow and learn from
- Ability to effectively present information to senior leadership and public groups.
- Be creative, enthusiastic and always willing to go above and beyond what is expected to exceed customer expectations and revenue targets
- Expertise in the use of personal computers with associated software (MS office products) and communication packages.
- Must have the natural ability to inspire and motivate largely remote sales teams around the world
- Proven track record in program/project management and implementation
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
Qualification & Experience:
- Proven ability to drive sales / performance through leveraging data, relationships and setting stringent goals for success
- Shipboard experience in a management role preferred
- Must have experience in talent acquisition, interviewing and recruiting
- Must be able to travel for 3-14 days at a time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or similar required
Company: Royal Caribbean International
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A