Website Sainsbury's Bank
This role supports Sainsbury’s Bank and its subsidiaries, known as Argos Financial Services, in meeting regulatory obligations and taking adequate and effective actions to mitigate conduct risks. The role holder will play an active role in driving a compliance and conduct culture within a complex financial services group. This role supports the Conduct & Compliance Director (SMF16), in discharging their regulatory responsibilities by ensuring there is an effective compliance framework and conduct risk framework embedded across the financial services group and by providing conduct & compliance advice, support and challenge.
- Provide leadership and line management support to the Conduct and Compliance Advisors to oversee and ensure delivery high quality advice, guidance support and challenge to the business areas aligns to the Conduct & Compliance Policy Standards, and in turn, regulatory requirements.
- Embed Conduct Risk Policy Standards and Process Risk and Control Assessments and ensure that relevant customer impacting processes and activities align to the Policy Standards, and in turn FCA requirements.
- Ensure all conduct & compliance risks are identified and assessed appropriately, and any mitigating actions are clearly articulated and robust.
- Support the design and delivery of business proposals that take account of regulatory requirements including good customer outcomes.
- A proven track record in providing practical support and input to new commercial propositions and regulatory projects.
- The ability to work at pace, prioritise and deliver on time and to a high standard.
- The ability to plan and manage your work.
- The ability to make judgements from analysis of complex information.
- Experience of working in a scrutiny environment and holding others to account e.g. audit, risk, assurance.
- Have excellent communications skills, oral and written, and be able to communicate with stakeholders across all levels of the business.
- Ability to effectively challenge upwards
- Skills in analysis and investigation of both quantitative and qualitative information.
- The ability to work with autonomy and lead pieces of work without significant management input.
- Ability to translate complex / technical issues to meet the audience’s competency level
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wolverhampton, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A