Under general supervision, provide technical and administrative support to attorneys on simple to moderately complex, confidential legal matters, which if not resolved in a timely and satisfactory manner may result in fines, adverse public relations, or lost business opportunities. Complex matters may require additional review by Senior Legal Admin Associate or management level staff.
- Serves as Department point of contact with senior Company executives, internal clients, outside counsel, officers of the court, and the public in general.
- Develops and maintains files for large matters of moderate complexity.
- Arranges and monitors meetings; makes travel arrangements; processes complex travel reimbursement requests.
- Reviews vendor invoices for accuracy and completeness; prepares voucher requests for payment of invoices.
- Compiles and coordinates work from external sources to produce legal documents under time constraints. Products may be for signature of senior officers and are often submitted to courts, regulatory and other state and federal agencies.
- Maintain timely and accurate calendars and dockets.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties)
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, WordPerfect, Excel, Outlook, Adobe, E-Filing.
- Must think clearly and deal professionally and calmly with others under stressful conditions.
- Requires superior spelling and grammar, verbal and written use of the English language, proof reading and editing skills.
- Requires basic understanding of Sempra business objectives and strategic initiatives
- Typically requires a minimum of a high school diploma (or equivalent) plus five years of recent applicable legal secretary experience.
- Must be able to pass administrative tests as administered by Human Resources.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of networked word processing systems, including templates, must be able to trouble shoot and fix common malfunctions.
- Requires detailed knowledge of document management, legal case management, spreadsheet, and graphics applications.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A