Website Social Security Administration
This position is located in the Honolulu District Office at: 300 Ala Moana Blvd., Honolulu, HI. This position is being filled on a full-time, permanent basis. Additional selections may be made within six months from the closing date of this announcement.
This is a career-ladder position leading to the GS-11 grade level.
Once selected for the Claims Specialist position in SSA, you will contribute to the Agency’s mission through direct and personal service to the public. This includes speaking with beneficiaries about their rights under the Social Security laws, gathering facts and evidence to establish eligibility for benefits, making critical decisions to determine the amount of benefits paid to individuals, and using state-of-the-art computer technology to access and update information about claims.
Claims Specialists conduct interviews with the public to obtain, clarify, and verify information about initial and continuing eligibility for retirement, survivors, disability, health insurance benefits, and eligibility for supplemental security income including State supplements. In addition, they resolve discrepancies, clarify issues and make final decisions for initial and post-entitlement for benefits and payments; adjudicate and authorize entitlement or disallowance actions at all levels of difficulty and complexity under programs administered by SSA.
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Selective Service Registration, if applicable (www.sss.gov)
- Background and/or security investigation required
- Job offers are contingent on background / security investigation results
- Selectees are required to serve a 1 year probationary period
- Relocation expenses will not be paid
- All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement
- Selectees are required to complete a 12-14 week technical training class.
- Candidates are required to participate the Competency Assessment Interview Process (CAIP).
Company: Social Security Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tampa, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A