Website Social Security Administration
The incumbent conducts evaluations, reviews, and audits of the Social Security Administration’s (SSA) programs and operations to: measure the effectiveness of policies and procedures; assess the achievement of program goals; evaluate the economy and efficiency of operations; and identify vulnerabilities to fraud, waste and abuse.
- Identifies existing data resources, researches and reviews relevant legislation, regulations, SSA policies and other internal and external reports to perform work assignments.
- Develops plans to accomplish assignments in accordance with applicable standards, policies and procedures.
- Sets standards for the completion of assignments, such as staff days of effort required and the scope and depth of research and analysis to be performed.
- Modifies work plans by changing areas of emphasis and devises new approaches as determined by the analysis of preliminary findings.
- Communicates project objectives and work plans to project team members and OIG executives at team meetings; and to Agency staff at entrance conferences.
- Performs assignments in accordance with the work plans and applicable standards. Interviews others to gather information necessary to accomplish objectives.
- Analyzes information gathered to evaluate compliance with program regulations, policies and procedures, to evaluate accomplishment of program goals and to assess the economy and efficiency of operations.
- Formulates findings by identifying the cause(s) of conditions and developing recommendations to address them.
- Prepares written reports, memos and other documents to summarize the results of reviews and to present recommendations. Develops special reports as projects progress when significant issues are identified that require immediate corrective action.
- Presents the results of projects and addresses questions or concerns during team meetings and briefings with OIG executives and during exit conferences with SSA staff.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Selective Service Registration: If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System, or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law. See www.sss.gov
- Background and/or security investigation may be required.
- Job offers are contingent on background / security investigation results.
- Federal employees must be in good standing.
- Federal employees must have a successful performance rating.
- Selectees may be required to serve a 1-year probationary period.
- All application materials must be received by the closing date.
- Official Personnel Folders will not be reviewed.
- Requests for copies of application documents will not be accepted.
- All application forms submitted become the property of SSA Human Resources.
Company: Social Security Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A