Website Social Security Administration
This is a developmental position leading to the GS-12 full performance level. Duties will gradually increase so the employee is performing at that level.
Work primarily involves the physical protection of sensitive/classified information, personnel, facilities and installations against criminal, terrorist or hostile intelligence activities.
- Serves as an agency technical authority in physical security.
- Provides authoritative advice and guidance on incidents, issues, concerns and initiatives to SSA components and management, especially on conflicting policies or issues where solutions are not readily apparent and involve new and complex policies.
- Performs administrative, technical and analytical work in planning, developing, revising and implementing Incident Command Center policies and standard operating procedures, ensuring adherence to regulations and best practices.
- Keeps abreast of changing legislation, industry standards, social climate, innovations, etc. and evaluates the effect on SSA national policies, procedures, facilities, people, equipment, and practices.
- Informs the Lead Physical Security Specialist or higher graded analyst of new theories and state-of-the-art applications to analyses and recommendations.
- Develops and conducts prepared and ad hoc briefings on topics ranging from policies and procedures to situational updates with the Lead Physical Security Specialist or higher-graded analyst’s assistance.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Selective Service Registration: If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System, or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law. See www.sss.gov
- Background and/or security investigation may be required.
- Job offers are contingent on background / security investigation results.
- Federal employees must be in good standing.
- Federal employees must have a successful performance rating.
- Selectees may be required to serve a 1-year probationary period.
- All application materials must be received by the closing date.
- Official Personnel Folders will not be reviewed.
- Requests for copies of application documents will not be accepted.
- All application forms submitted become the property of SSA Human Resources.
- Work is generally performed in an office setting; however, when assisting in onsite incident assessments, some work requires regular and recurring physical exertion, such as extensive walking, bending, stooping, standing and similar activities.
- Work is completed in a command center setting and will involve going outdoors in adverse weather and temperature extremes or a high-risk confined space in response to physical security incidents.
- Duties may involve unforeseen security conditions that affect the safety of SSA employees and facilities.
- Occasionally, work schedule changes may occur — may have to work regular and irregular overtime, holidays or a fixed shift (which can include nighttime hours).
Company: Social Security Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ft. Worth, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A