Website London Southend Airport
As a trainee, you will be fully trained and supported in all aspects of an Air Traffic Control Assistant, ultimately ensuring that all tasks undertaken adhere to relevant regulatory and company standards.
- Flight Progress Strip processing and completion of movement logs
- The operation of airport and ATC related systems in accordance with published procedures.
- Liaising with the airport fire service, Handling/FBO, fuel and operations departments over customer/ ATC requirements.
- Answering and processing telephones in ATC
- Administering bookings for circuit, instrument flight training and other flights.
- Processing AFTN messages.
- Carry out Document Control for the ATC department.
- Ensure the control rooms are in a tidy state.
- Attend meetings and courses with other departments.
- Preparation and dissemination of Meteorological Observations at regular intervals.
- General administrative duties.
- Liaise with internal and external agencies in a professional manner.
- Interact effectively with other operational ATC team members.
- Take responsibility for own actions.
- Alerting external emergency service when required to do so.
- Monitoring and actioning ATC emails.
- Act as a guide to visitors, when required to do so by the senior controller on duty (SCOD).
- Compliance with ATC procedures and Company regulations including Safety Management System (SMS) reporting procedures.
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must have resided in the UK for the last 3 years
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- 5 GCSEs at Grade C and above, including Mathematics and English
- Must be able to obtain a clear DBS certificate
- Full 5 year employment/educational history required
- Must be able to work within a team
- Interest in aviation
Company: London Southend Airport
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A