From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrated coffee and its rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing and supporting partners who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
“We built the Starbucks brand first with our people, not with consumers. Because we believed the best way to meet and exceed the expectations of our customers was to hire and train great people,
we invested in employees.”
- Howard Schultz, CEO, Starbucks Coffee Company
As a Starbucks instructional designer, you will be managing both enterprise and retail learning programs. You will create the development of the courses designed for partners new to role. This includes managing the development process of learning programs, including scoping the work, defining deliverables, developing content, planning implementation and ongoing sustainment of programs to reflect business practices.
- Consult with cross-functional leaders, subject matter experts and stakeholders to determine potential learning solutions.
- Recommend strategic, innovative approaches for enterprise-wide and retail learning programs that support the company’s retail operations.
- Collaborate with learning and development team or vendors to develop and design learning solutions.
- Leverage adult learning theory and instructional design systems with effective application in an agile, fast-paced business setting.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and consulting abilities cross-functionally, cross-culturally and cross-levels.
- Demonstrate ability to write effective, instructional text, audio/video scripts, interactions, etc.
- Demonstrate ability to influence others effectively.
- Be nimble, navigate ambiguity, while working independently and as part of a team.
- Carefully consider multiple factors before making decisions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Starbucks, retail operations, business strategy, goals and how learning contributes to organizational success.
- Proficient in MS Office, Learning Authoring and Content Management Systems (LCMS).
- 7 years of developing learning programs.
- 7 years project management experience.
- Prefer retail experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newport News, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A