The Tesla Infrastructure team is looking to hire a Field Service Technician in Exeter, to provide diagnostic support during the installation and servicing of our energy storage products. This person will be travelling to sites as needed to perform maintenance, troubleshooting and repair issues at industrial facilities with cutting edge Tesla products that may be under construction or is already existing; knowledge of, and comfort with these types of facilities is a must. This person will also be responsible for developing the knowledge base to be used by both internal and external parties to troubleshoot issues. This person must have an engineering mind with a very hands on approach and a great customer and contractor interface. The work will require travel, sometimes on short notice, and may require extended trips; a get-it-done mentality for all of the situations is expected
- Debug systems and perform remote diagnostics on field failures by reviewing data logged by energy storage devices.
- Provide technical support in order to minimize system downtime, through day-to-day coverage of internationally distributed service cases.
- Primary interface of our Network Operations Centres to authorized contractors who perform maintenance on Tesla’s stationary storage products.
- Ensure service providers have access to the required hardware.
- Recognize trends and patterns in field failures and feedback to the development team to drive future designs.
- Develop processes and documentation for standard service actions.
- Oversee commissioning, service, testing, and verification actions performed by our service provider network,
- troubleshooting devices as well as entire industrial systems (Powerpacks). This will include guiding the work of construction
- trades such as electricians and professional disciplines such as engineers.
- Electrical, Energy or Electronic background related technical experience preferred.
- Ability to prioritize effectively, handle shifting priorities and troubleshoot.
- Experience with CRM systems and MS Office Suite.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in technical support or call center environment within Renewable energy and/ Battery background preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills.
- Proficiency in English – additional European language is a plus.
- Flexible schedule; this team runs 24/7/365 globally to accommodate our customer’s needs (shift work may be necessary).
- Understanding of distributed generation and/or energy storage systems preferred.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions with attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in both independent and team environments.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A