We have a great opportunity for a Material Controller to provide inventory control and expediting for the relevant asset area ensuring all materials required for maintenance, Projects and related functions are delivered on time, keeping inventory levels within targets.
In conjunction with Commercial and LU Engineering you will ensure the performance, safety and cost of the asset base are optimised from a whole life perspective. Undertaking a “can do” culture across the business displaying the right behaviours.
You will also support the Materials Manager in establishing materials management capability to support current and future business requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with statutory obligations, operational standards and safety and security risks.
- Ensure all inventory master data is kept up to date.
- Accountable for being an authentic role model for diversity and inclusion. Driving positive and progressive change within the team to achieve measurable improvements in diversity and inclusion.
- Ensure appropriate arrangements are in place to maximise stock availability to meet customer demand.
- Undertake stock control and expediting of designated groups of stock items to ensure optimum holding to meet availability requirements in a timely manner.
- Develop an expediting system to ensure on time deliveries to meet business demands.
- Develop a de-expediting system to support stock optimisation.
- Assist with continuous improvement agendas for materials and purchasing activities.
- Deliver the end to end approach to Materials Management, in collaboration with LU Commercial and Stakeholders.
- Use of appropriate systems to support Materials and Plant Management to deliver process and data efficiencies.
- Compliance with Materials Management policies, processes and toolkits to facilitate good practice, maximising business benefits and compliance with corporate governance across LU that’s scalable to TfL.
- Experience and understanding of supply chain processes
- Proficiency in the use of IT applications. eg. MS Office, Excel, SAP, Maximo
- Ability to analyse complex data and formulate appropriate plans for improvement.
- Considerable knowledge and experience in a Materials Management function carrying out inventory management
- Proven ability to communicate with people at all levels, including both external and internal stakeholders, in a positive and consistent manner.
- Good knowledge of procurement and materials management systems including MRP/ERP
- CIPS/IOLT/ARICS qualified or making progress towards becoming a member or equivalent business related qualification.
- Good knowledge of supply chain and procurement processes
- Good business and financial acumen.
- Experience of running MRP/ERP systems
- Experience within the transport industry
- Commitment to continuous improvement of the customer experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, GB
Application Deadline: N/A