Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.3 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations.Being human-led is our true disruption.
This position is responsible for the operation of a department. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job related responsibilities and duties as assigned and/or necessary.
- Analyzes and ensures accuracy of information by creating, maintaining, and evaluating data; comparing data with third-party information, budgets, or actual results; analyzing and researching risks or compliance concerns; analyzing financial data, key performance indicators, and metrics; evaluating trends and reviewing results for accuracy; utilizing financial models, plans, and tools; and conducting analyses for special and recurring projects.
- Provides customer service and reporting in area of responsibility by providing reports and communicating results, preparing information and supporting documentation; supporting key business processes; serving as an information resource; providing guidance and recommendations based on defined policies and practices; supporting relationships with key stakeholders to deliver solutions and support; and resolving issues, answering questions, obtaining information, and providing documentation.
- Provides data-driven analysis and insights to help support business strategies by evaluating ongoing analytical needs; serving as the analytics subject matter expert; reporting data-based insights in a uniform manner; reporting on business strategies; collaborating with internal and external business partners to build a consistent and accurate strategy for using data-driven insights; and providing expert advice and guidance on the application of best practices.
- Provides market insights to key stakeholders based on research gathered and business knowledge by communicating data insights and global marketplace trends affecting the business using various communication tools; providing guidance and advising on next steps based on insights, objectives, and research; proposing improvements; and promoting the application of insights to support other departmental and leadership decisions and goals.
- Manages processes across different areas of the business to ensure efficiency and compliance by establishing timelines, workflows, and requirements; supporting and developing training; creating, verifying, and distributing necessary documentation for reviewing results; managing and verifying functionality of key process and controls; and loading appropriate information.
- Manages customer requests and needs by utilizing analytical tools; extracting and consolidating relevant data for reporting; determining layout and formatting; analyzing best delivery methods; identifying root cause and solutions in all supported systems.
- Customer/Member Centered: Focus on the Customer/Member – Reviews customer/member-focused data and adjusts performance to address findings. Promotes and supports associate efforts to exceed customer/member expectations. Informs associates on how to identify and locate resources to meet the diverse needs of customers/members.
- Judgment: Use Appropriate Judgment – Identifies, reviews, and applies policies and procedures to make informed judgments. Identifies and uses facts, information, and expertise to set priorities and make informed decisions. Uses data and evidence to determine the causes of problems and develop solutions to address them.
- Execution and Results: Manage Execution and Results – Holds associates accountable for completing work within expectations and time requirements. Plans and manages own and others’ time, based on business priorities, and follows up to ensure all work requirements are completed in a timely and accurate manner. Identifies and obtains the resources needed to complete projects. Encourages associates to strive for excellence, efficiency, and quality in work practices.
- Planning and Improvement: Plan and Pursue Team-Based Improvement – Coordinates and aligns planning with organizational initiatives and direction. Looks at work plans and makes changes, as needed, to achieve team or work group objectives. Sets realistic timelines for goal accomplishment. Improves work processes and practices to increase performance and results.
- Influence and Communicate: Increase Commitment – Promotes ideas and links them to business needs and benefits. Builds trusting, cooperative relationships and alliances with others, inside and outside of the organization. Effectively communicates clear, up-to-date information on business plans and priorities (for example, change initiatives). Shares experience and ideas with associates across the organization
Qualification & Experience:
- Project Management certification.
- Bachelor’s degree in Analytics, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field
- Six Sigma certification.
- Master’s degree in in Analytics, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field.
- 4 years’ experience in data analysis, statistics, computer science, or related area.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New Delhi, Delhi, IN
Application Deadline: N/A