Website Waste Management
The Sorter is responsible for ensuring proper placement and sorting materials on the conveyor line by performing the following duties.
- Read monitor for machine start up and ensure machine is operating properly and at a moderate speed.
- Pull contaminants out of paper or off of floor.
- Follow appropriate standard operating procedures (SOPs) as guideline for operating and maintaining equipment.
- Stack boxes and skids. Dump boxes and totes of material.
- Clean up conveyor and surrounding sorting line. Keep surrounding work area clean.
- Feed material, such as wastepaper onto conveyor.
- Report any worker-public safety factors and/or equipment malfunctions.
- Inspect materials and sort items or materials into piles or places in container according to type, size, condition, coloring or paper grade.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Attend weekly/monthly safety/operations meetings.
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely;
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) part of the work day;
- Experience: 3 months of relevant work experience.
- Work Environment Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds part of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the work day;
Company: Waste Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sacramento, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A